What counts towards volunteer hours:
- Working in classroom – volunteering in the classroom helping teacher
- Helping teacher from home – decodable books, book orders, phone calls, cutouts, etc.
- Room Parent duties – calling parents, planning & setting up for parties and special events assigned by teacher.
- Preparing classroom or grade level crafts, activity packages, etc. at Teacher’s direction (Many activities can be accomplished at home; just ask)
- Chaperoning Field Trips
- Helping at Drop off and pick up area – Helping paras with the opening of car doors for children, etc.
- Tutoring – tutoring students individually, in groups or in aftercare on campus
- Attendance at General PTSP Meetings
- Board Officer Duties – PTSP Board, Foundation Board, BHCA Board and Booster Board duties
- Working at Book Fair
- Working in used uniform shop- sorting clothes, straightening cabinets
- Sorting lost and found items
- Helping at BBQ and Fish Fry (set-up, serving, cleanup; actual time signed up working)
- Volunteering at Spring Carnival (help set up, clean up, working at any booths, selling tickets, room parent calling parents for volunteer help.)
- You can earn 1 hour for a decorated baked good you make at home (Must be decorated with more than just icing.) for PTSP Events ONLY
The maximum number of hours you can claim for goods is 2 hours / 2 items per event with a maximum of 5 hours per school year claimed.
- Copy Center Volunteer
- Library help – sorting, filing books, etc.
- Lunchroom help – helping monitor classes in the lunch room, cleaning tables, sweeping, etc.
- Work days – special called work days for school campus, athletic fields, campus grounds, moving classrooms, etc.
- Working Sports events – helping by coaching, time clock, setting up sports events, clean up, concession stand
- Working at Field Day – assisting coaches with events
- Hall monitor for State Testing
- Soliciting business partnerships to support school (only with school approval)
- Restaurant Dinner Nights – 1 hour per adult, maximum 2 hours per family
- Lunch – 30 minutes per child, maximum 2 hours per family, Maximum 5 hours per year
What does not count:
- Parent teacher conferences
- Reading to child
- Homework help
- Selling door to door for fundraisers
- Attending choir/band concerts or events (unless helping teacher as a chaperone)
- Attending sports events, Field Day, pep Rally, Tailgate party
- Mandatory sports meetings
- Field Trip meetings (St. Augustine, Space Camp, Williamsburg, etc.)
- Graduations (K, 5th, 8th )
- Award ceremonies
- Spelling Bee
- Speech Ceremony
- Science Fair, History Fair, Invention Convention (unless judging, helping set up or break down)
- Just attending BBQ, Fish Fry, Spring Carnival, Book Fair, etc.
- Shopping for items for Teacher Appreciation
- Attending events in the classroom (parties of any kind)
- Attending Art Show
- Attending Club Inductions
- Boy Scout / Girl Scout Meetings
- Preschool volunteers / Attending Preschool Field trips
- No school orientations